|Bid||265.13 x 800|
|Ask||265.35 x 800|
|Day's Range||262.03 - 266.50|
|52 Week Range||166.74 - 305.34|
|Beta (3Y Monthly)||-0.11|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||33.67|
|Earnings Date||Oct 10, 2018 - Oct 15, 2018|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||2.20 (0.82%)|
|1y Target Est||294.10|
ANN ARBOR, Mich., Oct. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Domino's Pizza (DPZ) is raising "dough" for the kids of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital® for the 15th straight year as part of the St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign. Domino's will ask customers online, over the phone and in stores to support St. Jude by adding a donation to their order or rounding up their order total to donate the change. Select customers enrolled in Domino's Piece of the Pie Rewards® loyalty program will be offered an opportunity to earn bonus points by donating.
The pizza giant delivered a quarterly report most restaurant chains would give their eyeteeth for, but it wasn't enough to meet analysts' rosy forecasts.
Of the 21 analysts that cover Domino’s Pizza (DPZ), 57.1% are favoring “buys” on the stock as of October 16. The remaining 42.9% have given it “holds.” No analysts have given the stock “sell” ratings. As of the same day, analysts have given the stock an average price target of $294.84, representing a potential upside of 13.6% from its price of $259.63.
The contraction was the result of the company’s adoption of a new accounting standard and a lower operating margin in its supply chain. Increased delivery and labor costs lowered the segment’s operating margin. The operating margin of Domino’s company-owned restaurants was negatively affected by commodity inflation, higher labor costs, and an increase in insurance expenses.
Domino's shares rose as much as 8 percent after investors shrugged off comments that pointed to full-year pre-tax profit at the bottom of the company's previous guidance range. Much like its parent company, Domino's UK franchise has been focusing on sales through online channels to fend off competition from app-based services like Just Eat (JE.L) and Deliveroo, which provide round-the-clock food delivery. Domino's, which has been investing in order tracking technology for its delivery business, said the system was now live in 603 UK stores, leading to more efficient labour management and a better customer experience.
Jim Cramer, of CNBC fame, has an interesting thesis on Domino's Pizza Inc. (DPZ): He thinks it is a tech company. Evidently, he has decided that is the only way to justify the pizza delivery company's eye-watering valuation multiple. Warning! GuruFocus has detected 5 Warning Signs with TSLA.
In the third quarter, Domino’s Pizza (DPZ) posted SSSG (same-store sales growth) of 6.3% in the domestic market, marking its 30th consecutive quarter of positive SSSG. In the international market, the company continued to post positive SSSG for the 99th consecutive quarter with SSSG of 3.3%.
In the third quarter, Domino’s Pizza (DPZ) posted revenue of $786.0 million, a rise of 22.1% from the $643.6 million it reported in the third quarter of 2017. Domino’s year-over-year revenue growth was primarily driven by its adoption of a new accounting standard, which contributed $82.5 million, and its higher supply chain revenue. Increased revenue from its company-owned restaurants and franchised restaurants also contributed to its revenue growth during the quarter.
Domino’s Pizza (DPZ) posted its third-quarter earnings results on October 16. The company reported adjusted EPS of $1.95 on revenue of $786.0 million. YoY (year-over-year), its EPS rose 53.5%, while its revenue rose 22.1%.
The daily On-Balance-Volume (OBV) shows a rolling-over-like pattern from late June and it matches the price action. An OBV line that is making a rounding top tells me that sellers are being more aggressive but they are taking their time in reducing their positions. The weekly OBV line has been stalled the last four to five months and this is a bearish divergence when compared to the price action.
CNBC's Jim Cramer breaks down how Netflix’s recent quarter proved the FANG haters wrong. The "Mad Money" host also hears from the CEO of Domino's Pizza. In the lightning round, Cramer re-hashes his favorite airline plays.
Tech stocks raced higher early Tuesday as the Nasdaq composite rose over 1%. Netflix will report earnings after the stock market close.
Domino's rapid store expansion is good news for its delivery drivers, the company said Tuesday. Having more stores means that drivers have less territory they need to cover. Their runs become shorter, allowing them to make more deliveries in an hour and earn more tips.
U.S. equities climbed Tuesday following a slew of third-quarter earnings reports from big banks and consumer companies, many of which beat Wall Street expectations in key metrics.