Yahoo Finance Live anchors report that 23-year-old Juan Soto has become the MLB's second-youngest home run derby champion.
- Well, let's shift to another story before we head off to break. 23-year-old Juan Soto, officially the 2022 home Run Derby champion that's after the battle of the young batters last night at Dodger Stadium again where the all-Star game is going to be had tonight. Soto is now the second youngest player to ever win the Derby and the second Washington Nationals player to win the event. A lot of people noting that, look, this is just one of the greatest events in sports right? Home Run Derby is just big guys, just large dudes, just slinging it, you know?
And also, I think people underestimate how much it takes to hit a home run. I was watching the Home Run Derby last night. I mean it is exhausting, right to hit it out of the park.
- Just over and over and over again. But the fans love it, right? You can catch the balls and then also apparently tonight All-Star game, if it's tied after nine innings, the National League, American League will have a Home Run Derby. They'll pick three players. So that could be a fun one to watch.
- I'm excited to see it at Dodgers Stadium.
- Clayton Kershaw starting tonight.
- Yeah, for the first time.
- Good for him. Good for you, Clayton, if you're watching.