Sandwich chain Subway will give one lucky customer free sandwiches for the rest of their life if they get a footlong tattoo at their Las Vegas event.
- Well, if you want free Subway for life, it'll cost you a 12 by 12 inch tattoo of a foot-long sub on your sternum or your back. So basically, Subway is hosting a block party in Las Vegas on Wednesday at Bad Apple Tattoo. Now, nine superfans can receive a real tattoo of the Subway Series and then free subs for a month, a year, or for life.
David, Jared, would you do it? Dave, I think I know your answer. I hope it's no, though.
- Oh, you know my answer. Now first off, I'm needle phobic, so even getting my blood taken is something I am just terrified of. And quite frankly, no sandwich on the planet is that good. So a hard no for me, in particular, a foot-long tattoo. There are other options, though. You can get a two-inch tattoo or a three-inch tattoo. You can get subs for either a month or a year for free if you do the three-inch version. Are you in, Jared?
JARED BLIKRE: I might do the two- or three-inch. No, I'm not going to do this at all. It's not-- that's not up my alley.
But I think you're right to do the math on that. If you get a foot-long tattoo on your back, and let's say it incorporates that logo, well, tattoos are kind of forever. I mean, when you take a look-- when you take a step back-- so we had a guest on this program who invented a process that kind of emulsifies the ink, and it's really good at its job. But there's still that imprint. So that's my concern, after the Subway--
And what happens-- I don't think this is going to happen-- what happens if Subway were to go away? You're just stuck with the tattoo.
- Subway is not going to go away. They have more franchises than any restaurant on the planet.
JARED BLIKRE: I don't think they are.
- But Rochelle, what I can't figure out is get those gift cards upfront. Upon getting the tattoo, you get $50,000 worth of gift cards for Subway. So that is the Subway for life. How painful is the tattoo removal process? Because theoretically, there is a loophole here.
- I mean, is it more painful than the embarrassment of walking around with a massive sub tattooed on you? I'm not sure. For me, it's not worth the tradeoff. For those who are going to do it, more power to you. Good luck to you. Hope you win it.
- I would look forward to seeing this video Wednesday in Las Vegas at this party. There is one of the most famous tattoo artists in the country who will be applying those, so you can trust that you're in good hands. If someone out there is considering it, please let us know. We'd love to interview on the program--
JARED BLIKRE: Yes, definitely.
- --on Wednesday.