As American International Group continues its recent decline, one trader is looking for lower volatility in the insurance giant's shares.
optionMONSTER systems show that a trader sold 10,000 June 41 calls in one print for $0.89. This is an opening position, as this is a new expiration.
A block of 425,000 AIG shares traded a minute later for $38.6694. The combination of stock and options is apparently creating a short-volatility play . (See our Education section)
AIG closed at $38.60, down 0.95 percent on the day. The stock traded near $40 last week but has given up ground since then. Its close of $39.58 on March 8 was the highest in two years.
More From optionMONSTER
- VIX spikes higher before settlement
- How the bulls are playing BMC Software
- Videocast: VIX heading into settlement
- Investment & Company Information
- American International Group