NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Dec 19, 2012) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Karma Industries Limited, a well-diversified company with interests ranging from metal fabrication to trading, has gone live with Infor LN with the help of Infor partner Merino Services, a business consulting and IT services organization.
- Karma Industries Ltd. needed financial consolidation at an apex level, integrated workflow for business control, and to enable integration with add-on products such as Commodities & Equities to support the growth of business through its subsidiary and associated firms Karma Commodities Limited and Karma Stock Trade Limited. The company has diversified operations across multiple locations, which were unified on a single platform with Infor LN.
- Karma Industries deployed Infor LN and integrated the human resource management, purchasing and inventory systems for online transaction processing from all locations to provide faster availability of information.
- Prior to deploying Infor LN, Karma Industries used Tally software. Karma Industries moved to the Infor LN application because of faster estimated implementation time and Infor's expertise in specialized industry applications and support to provide a well-suited application for Karma Industries' complex business scenario.
Karma Industries Limited Quote
"Our vision served as the framework towards every aspect of our business by describing what is required to achieve the goal of continued stability and growth. With the Infor application we are achieving the requisites on a whole by analyzing the business," says Rajesh Mehta, managing director, Karma Industries Limited.
Merino Services Quote
"Karma Industries was a very important win for Merino Services as it gave us an opportunity to extend our success footprint in the metal industry. Implementation was a success not just because of Merino Services' strong consulting skills with Infor LN, but also because of the support extended by Karma Industries' management team. With this success we welcome various metal industry organizations to capitalize on the success-driving capabilities of Infor and Merino Services," says Rishi Bansal, vice president, Global Business, Merino Services.
Souma Das, vice president, Sales and Managing Director, India said: "At Infor, we take pride in serving our customers with the latest business software solutions by continually developing our solutions. We believe in actively engaging with customers and partners to provide the solutions that meet their requirements and address their challenges. Merino Services has always helped us deliver the best quality solutions to our clients."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor LN - www.infor.in/product_summary/erp/ln/
About Karma Group
Karma is a diversified group with offerings in Ferrous & Non-ferrous Metals - Manufacturing and Trading, Equity and Commodity markets.
Karma Industries Limited is engaged in a range of steel products, including C.R. Coils and sheets, C.T.D. bars, H.R. sheets and plates and hot rolled steel plates, ingot irons M.S. plates, angles, channels, chequered plates, wires, T.M.T bars, rebars and tor steel, stainless steel and other alloy steels. During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011 (fiscal 2011), the Company completed the construction of a factory at Valsad for manufacturing ferrous and non-ferrous metals products, more particularly lead ingots and billets with a volumetric capacity. Karma Commodities Ltd. (KCL) and KIL Infrastructure Ltd. (KIIL) are 100 percent subsidiary companies of Karma Industries Ltd., and Karma Stock Trade Ltd. (KSTL) is an associate with a stake. Karma Commodities Limited is engaged in the Commodity segment as a Broker with memberships from all the leading commodity exchanges in India.
Karma Stock Trade Limited operates in the Equity segment as a Broker with memberships in Bombay Stock Exchange, National Stock Exchange and United Stock Exchange. Presently the company is dealing in Cash, Derivatives and Futures & Options market.
KCL & KSTL are Depository Participants of National Security Depository Participant. The companies offer a range of services for broking, hedging and arbitrage solutions.
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
- Investment & Company Information