Tommy Bush and his family decided a Georgia shirt would be the best way to reveal his commitment to the Bulldogs.
But Bush himself was not going to be wearing that Georgia shirt.
Instead, as Bush announced he was signing with the Bulldogs, he held his baby niece. She was the one wearing the Georgia shirt, even if she was momentarily unhappy with the decision to be a part of the charade.
Here’s Tommy Bush’s commitment to Georgia with his baby niece. pic.twitter.com/be5uVYgT1z
— Dr. Saturday (@YahooDrSaturday) February 7, 2018
Bush, a four-star wide receiver from Schertz, Texas, told ESPN that he had been committed to Georgia for a few weeks but kept his decision secret until signing day. He took his official visit to Georgia the weekend the power went out in Atlanta’s Jackson-Hartsfield Airport. Thankfully for Bulldog fans, that didn’t persuade him to pick another school.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Charles Robinson: Pats’ McDaniels just burned a lot of bridges
• Michael Lee: Porzingis injury hampers Knicks’ rebuilding plan
• The 1 Winter Olympic sport U.S. has never medaled in
• Heralded transfer QB picks Marshall over Tennessee, Baylor
• Chris Mannix: Time to recognize Raptors as East contenders
– – – – – – –