For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – March 29, 2019 – Zacks Value Trader is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
Are Large-Cap Foreign Stocks Cheap?
Welcome to Episode #135 of the Value Investor Podcast
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio, shares some of her top value investing tips and stock picks.
The large caps stocks are still the hot stocks on the stock market.
But what about the international large cap stocks?
With worries about global growth increasing, are there bargains to be had for investors outside of the United States?
Screening for Large Cap Value Stocks
It’s easy to do a screen of large cap value stocks and then narrow the list to international stocks from there.
This screen is a basic one with just 4 criteria.
For value, it included a P/E under 15. The market cap had to be over $10 billion.
It also included the Zacks Ranks of #1 (Strong Buy) and #2 (Buy) which should provide rising earnings estimates.
The screen returned 74 stocks including big banks, insurers, retailers and a good selection of foreign stocks.
5 Cheap Large Cap Foreign Stocks
No one should be investing off a simple screen. Always do your research on the companies you buy.
These 5 stocks show you why that’s so important.
1. Braskem BAK) is a Brazilian petrochemical company. While it looks cheap in the screen, with a forward P/E of 11.4, it also hasn’t filed its 2017 20F with the SEC and is trying to sell itself to an American company. There are risks in all investing, but especially in foreign companies where there may be less information. Be sure to do your research.
2. Bank of Montreal BMO) has a market cap of $48.3 billion. It has a forward P/e of just 10.3 and pays a healthy dividend currently yielding 4%. Earnings are expected to rise 4.5% in fiscal 2019.
3. Carrefour CRRFY) is a large French retailer which operates supermarkets in 30 countries. Over the last year, the shares have fallen 6.2%. It has a P/S ratio of just 0.2. It also pays a dividend, yielding 2.8%.
4. Telecom Italia TI) has seen its shares pummeled over the last year, falling 35.4%. It’s cheap, though, with a forward P/E of 7.9. However, you won’t get a dividend for your troubles.
5. Geely Auto GELYY) is the China stock on this list, but be aware that it’s incorporated in the Cayman Islands. Over the last year, shares are down 37.3%. Additionally, auto sales were weak to end 2018 and remained so to start 2019. But with a forward P/E of 8.4, maybe it’s time to be a contrarian investor?
What else should you know about the risks and rewards of large cap foreign stocks?
Listen to this week’s podcast to find out.
Breakout Biotech Stocks with Triple-Digit Profit Potential
The biotech sector is projected to surge beyond $775 billion by 2024 as scientists develop treatments for thousands of diseases. They’re also finding ways to edit the human genome to literally erase our vulnerability to these diseases.
Zacks has just released Century of Biology: 7 Biotech Stocks to Buy Right Now to help investors profit from 7 stocks poised for outperformance. Our recent biotech recommendations have produced gains of +98%, +119% and +164% in as little as 1 month. The stocks in this report could perform even better.
See these 7 breakthrough stocks now>>
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performancefor information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Telecom Italia S.P.A. (TI) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd. (GELYY) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Bank Of Montreal (BMO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Braskem S.A. (BAK) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Carrefour SA (CRRFY) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research