AllAnalyst Report
logoMorningstarSeptember 03, 2020

Consolidated Edison, Inc.: Consolidated Edison May Exit Gas Transmission Business; No Material Impact on Fair Value Estimate

Symbols
ED
Sector(s)
Utilities
Rating
Current Price
$75.53
Fair Value
Economic Moat
Stewardship
Summary

Con Ed is a holding company for Consolidated Edison Company of New York, or CECONY, and Orange & Rockland, or O&R. These utilities provide steam, natural gas, and electricity to customers in southeastern New York--including New York City--and small parts of New Jersey. The two utilities generate almost 90% of Con Ed's results. The other 10% of earnings comes from investments in renewable energy projects and gas and electric transmission. These investments have resulted in Con Ed becoming one of the largest owners of utility-scale PV solar capacity in the U.S.

Subscribe to Yahoo Finance Plus Essential for full access
Exclusive reports, detailed company profiles, and best-in-class trade insights to take your portfolio to the next level
Try it Free

Analyst Profile

Charles Fishman

Equity Analyst
Charles Fishman, CFA, is an equity analyst for Morningstar Research Services LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. He covers utilities.Before joining Morningstar in 2012, Fishman spent 12 years as an analyst covering utilities and alternative energy stocks for A.G. Edwards, Piper Jaffray, and Pritchard Capital. Before becoming an analyst, Fishman was the president of the subsidiaries of two NYSE-listed companies that were early entrants to the independent power industry. Both companies underwent initial public offerings during his 13 years as a senior manager.Fishman holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Purdue University, a master's degree in engineering from the University of California at Berkeley, and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. He also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.