|Bid||0.00 x 800|
|Ask||0.00 x 1000|
|Day's Range||108.00 - 110.06|
|52 Week Range||92.56 - 141.86|
|Beta (3Y Monthly)||1.66|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||16.79|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||N/A (N/A)|
|1y Target Est||N/A|
A Florida-based foundation is paying $4 million to settle claims it worked with two of the Boston area’s biggest drugmakers to use kickback payments to boost sales of their drugs.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Incyte and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Achillion's (ACHN) lead pipeline candidate danicopan receives PRIME status from the EMA as a treatment option for PNH in patients, who are not adequately responding to a C5 inhibitor.
Miller Value Partners recently released its 2019 Q3 investor letter – you can download a copy here. The investment management firm did not have a good third quarter, experiencing a 1.81% decline in returns, while the S&P 500 rose 1.70%. OneMain Holdings Inc (NYSE:OMF) and Genworth Financial Inc. (NYSE:GNW) were among the top contributors for the investment management firm. Miller […]
One of the most attractive reasons to invest in health-care stocks continues to be the world's aging population.The United Nations says people age 65 and older are the fastest-growing age group worldwide. It estimates that by 2050, one out of every six people will be 65 or older, accounting for 16% of the planet's total population, up from 9% in 2011. That figure is even larger in Europe and North America, where the U.N. predicts the number will be closer to 25%. The demand for health-care products and services should only increase as a result.Yes, health-care stocks will be coming off a weak 2019. Through mid-November, the S&P; 500 was sitting on nearly 25% gains, while the sector had improved by roughly half that. They'll also have to contend with uncertainty regarding the future of health care as the 2020 presidential election approaches. But don't sleep on the space in the year ahead.For one, health-care stocks tend to outperform during periods of economic weakness. For instance, the Health Care Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLV) delivered a 39.6% total loss (share price plus dividends) during the 2007-09 bear market - more than 15 percentage points better than the S&P; 500\. Thus, headlines warning of an economic slowdown or even a recession in 2020 actually bode well for the sector.Also, health care has traded at a price-to-earnings ratio more expensive than the overall market more often than not over the past 20 years. However, according to the Charles Schwab Center for Research, the sector's P/E currently is cheaper than the S&P; 500, providing a better buying opportunity.Here, then, are the 13 best health-care stocks to buy for 2020, including a couple of funds for investors who want to diversify. SEE ALSO: Every Warren Buffett Stock Ranked: The Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Avinger, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, CyberArk Software, Organovo and Qualys
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: AMETEK, Thermo Fisher Scientific, IQVIA, Lowe's Companies and Alexion Pharmaceuticals
SunTrust initiated most of the big names in biotech with a Buy, but it was less sunny on two of the biggest names in the sector: Gilead Sciences and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
The layoffs come just a few years after the California-based pharmaceutical company kicked off an expansion in New England.
Celgene (CELG) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
One of the leading Cambridge biotechs hoping to treat diseases by silencing the genetic causes could get as much as $1.67 billion to develop a treatment for hepatitis B.
The healthcare sector, which has been the second-worst performer among the 11 major S&P 500 sectors this year, took the center stage this month with some outperformance compared to other sectors.