HPE - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15.10
-0.67 (-4.25%)
At close: 4:04PM EST
Stock chart is not supported by your current browser
Previous Close15.77
Open15.79
Bid15.12 x 800
Ask15.05 x 4000
Day's Range14.98 - 15.79
52 Week Range12.52 - 17.59
Volume18,225,312
Avg. Volume8,866,098
Market Cap19.523B
Beta (5Y Monthly)1.51
PE Ratio (TTM)19.61
EPS (TTM)0.77
Earnings DateFeb 18, 2020 - Feb 23, 2020
Forward Dividend & Yield0.48 (3.10%)
Ex-Dividend DateDec 08, 2019
1y Target Est17.83
  • Top Ranked Value Stocks to Buy for January 16th
    Zacks

    Top Ranked Value Stocks to Buy for January 16th

    Top Ranked Value Stocks to Buy for January 16th

  • Intel hires Hewlett Packard Enterprise's chief information officer
    American City Business Journals

    Intel hires Hewlett Packard Enterprise's chief information officer

    Veteran chief information officer Archana Deskus joins Intel Corp. as the Santa Clara chipmaker becomes increasingly focused on data.

  • Thomson Reuters StreetEvents

    Edited Transcript of HPE earnings conference call or presentation 25-Nov-19 10:00pm GMT

    Q4 2019 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co Earnings Call

  • CES 2020: Quibi is about to see if its $1.4 billion streaming bet will pay off
    MarketWatch

    CES 2020: Quibi is about to see if its $1.4 billion streaming bet will pay off

    Quibi is making a big push in a fledgling market amid furious competition between some of the world’s biggest media names for streaming customers. Its hope is it will resonate with a younger audience as an alternative in terms of content approach and delivery.

  • Microsoft Strives to Simplify Surface Device Repairability
    Zacks

    Microsoft Strives to Simplify Surface Device Repairability

    Microsoft's (MSFT) Surface Laptop 3 is equipped with easy repairability features. This highlights the company's efforts toward making its gadgets more friendly to fixes.

  • Netflix and Twitter are on a list of tech stocks that have gotten cheaper in the past year
    MarketWatch

    Netflix and Twitter are on a list of tech stocks that have gotten cheaper in the past year

    The price-to-earnings valuation for the S&P 500 technology sector has never been higher over the past 15 years.

  • Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE) vs. Top 20 Hedge Fund Stocks in 2019
    Insider Monkey

    Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE) vs. Top 20 Hedge Fund Stocks in 2019

    We are still in an overall bull market and many stocks that smart money investors were piling into surged in 2019. Among them, Facebook and Microsoft ranked among the top 3 picks and these stocks gained more than 57% each. Hedge funds' top 3 stock picks returned 45.7% last year and beat the S&P 500 […]

  • Business Wire

    Coming to a Store Near You: Aruba Advances Digital Retail Experiences with SD-Branch Innovations

    Aruba extends its industry-leading SD-Branch solution with Zero Trust security and new cloud-native management capabilities.

  • Is Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Stock Undervalued Right Now?
    Zacks

    Is Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Stock Undervalued Right Now?

    Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.

  • Barrons.com

    Xerox Says It Has Financing for HP Bid

    Xerox this morning said it has secured financing for its $33 billion takeover bid its larger rival HP Inc.

  • Dell to Let Users Mirror iPhone's Screen on Their Laptops
    Zacks

    Dell to Let Users Mirror iPhone's Screen on Their Laptops

    Dell (DELL) announces new feature for iPhone users to boost laptop sales and strengthen competitive position.

  • Based On Its ROE, Is Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE) A High Quality Stock?
    Simply Wall St.

    Based On Its ROE, Is Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE) A High Quality Stock?

    While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...

  • American City Business Journals

    Bay Area tech companies rolled the dice on these 17 $1B-plus deals this year

    There were 17 $1 billion-plus tech acquisitions announced this year that involved Bay Area tech companies. They are detailed in the accompanying photo gallery.

  • HP Enterprise (HPE) Down 0.3% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Rebound?
    Zacks

    HP Enterprise (HPE) Down 0.3% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Rebound?

    HP Enterprise (HPE) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.

  • 5 Dividend Stocks That Are Buying Back Their Shares
    InvestorPlace

    5 Dividend Stocks That Are Buying Back Their Shares

    Dividend stocks that buy back their own shares often have a good chance of doing well. And there are a couple of reasons for this.For one, stock buybacks help push up the stock price.In addition, over time the smaller number of shares outstanding allows the company the raise the dividend per share. The stock buybacks reduce the number of shareholders who are entitled to the same dividends. Therefore, a larger increase makes more sense than otherwise.InvestorPlace - Stock Market News, Stock Advice & Trading TipsI researched this and found five well-capitalized dividend stocks with large stock buyback programs. These stocks are also very cheap, with low price-to-earnings ratios.In addition, the buyback yield, which is the buyback program divided by the market value of the stock, is often higher than the dividend yield. Companies tend to spend more on buybacks than dividends as a way to return capital to shareholders. * 7 Vaping Stocks to Get into Ahead of the Crowd It turns out that the total yield, which is dividend yield added to buyback yield, is a good predictor of shareholder returns. Dividend Stocks: Wells Fargo (WFC)Source: Mark R. Hake, CFA Dividend Yield: 3.79%Buyback Yield: 13.05%Total Yield: 16.84%Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC) stock benefits from a large buyback program. WFC received approval in late June from the Federal Reserve for up to $23 billion in buybacks. The company recently bought back $7.5 billion in shares during the latest quarter. That made it one of the top three buyback companies in the U.S.At this rate, Wells Fargo will buy back $30 billion in shares over the next year. That represents over 13% of its $227 billion in market value over the next year. Combined with its 3.79% dividend yield, the buyback yield together makes a total yield of 16.8%WFC stock is cheap, with a forward price-to-earnings of just 12.5 times. Shareholders should expect a good return on WFC stock with the company returning so much capital to shareholders. Expedia (EXPE)Source: Mark R. Hake, CFA Dividend Yield: 1.2%Buyback Yield: 10.4%Total Yield: 11.6%Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE) will significantly benefit from a massive buyback program announced on Dec. 4, 2019. Barry Diller, the CEO, fired management and immediately announced a new 20 million share buyback program.Moreover, EXPE has an existing 9 million share buyback program. There are about 145 million shares outstanding. Therefore, the buybacks represent over 20% of its market value over the next two years. I wrote an article recently about this intriguing situation. The buyback yield is over 10% per year. The total yield is over 11.6% per year.Moreover, Barry Diller, who controls over 49% of the voting stock, said he would also start buying more shares for himself. That is fantastic. It will have the same effect as a buyback on top of a buyback. * The 8 Biggest Investing Surprises of 2019 So look for really good things to happen to EXPE stock. It is reasonably cheap, with a forward price-to-earnings ratio of just 16 times. In my article, I estimated that the true value of Expedia stock is over $124 per share. That represents a return of at least 12% to investors. Intel (INTC)Dividend Yield: 2.2%Buyback Yield: 5.5%Total Yield: 7.7%Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) stock has a total yield of 7.7%. Like most of the other companies here, most of this yield comes from the INTC's buyback yield of 5.5%.Intel's board recently updated its buyback program. They added $20 billion to its existing $7.2 billion share repurchase program. Therefore, over the next two years, the $13.6 billion in buybacks represent a 5.5% buyback yield. This is because the Intel stock market value is $249 billion.Moreover, Intel stock has a very cheap forward price-to-earnings ratio of just 12.5 times. This will allow the company to buy back shares at a very cheap price.I recently wrote an article about INTC stock. I estimated the true value is over $65 per share. This represents a potential return of 14% to investors. Shareholders should expect a minimum total return of at least 7.7% per annum as INTC continues its buybacks. Janus Henderson Group (JHG)Source: Mark R. Hake, CFA Dividend Yield: 5.8%Buyback Yield: 4.4%Total Yield: 10.2%Janus Henderson (NYSE:JHG) stock benefits from both a high dividend yield and a high buyback yield, as you can see in the chart above. So this gives the fund management company, based in the U.K. and Denver, a high total yield of over 10% for shareholders.For example, based on my calculations in a recent article I wrote, JHG buys about $200 million of its own shares a year. JHG stock has a market value of over $4.5 billion. So the buyback program represents a 4.4% buyback yield. This will both help the dividend per share rise faster than otherwise, and also help push up the price of Janus Henderson stock. * 5 Large-Cap Dividend Stocks to Buy In addition, JHG stock is very cheap. It trades for just 10 times earnings. So, given that the total yield is over 10%, including the dividend and buyback yields, investors should do well over time. Hewlett Packard Enterprises (HPE)Source: Mark R. Hake, CFA Dividend Yield: 2.98%Buyback Yield: 13.35%Total Yield: 16.33%Hewlett Packard Enterprises (NYSE:HPE) stock has a very high total yield. This server and cloud storage company -- not Hewlett Packard, Inc. (NYSE:HPQ) the printer company -- has a $20.5 billion market value.HPE's capital return program of $7 billion over two years, including dividends, represents a buyback yield of over 13.3% per year (i.e. $2.7 billion in annual buybacks divided by its $20.5 billion market value). In addition, HPE stock has a nice 3% dividend yield.HPE is also very cheap at 8 times forward earnings. Combined with its high total yield, investors in HPE stock should do quite well over the next year. I recently wrote an article on HPE stock. I estimated its value at $25.84 per HPE share. This is an estimated return of over 60% for investors.As of this writing, Mark Hake, CFA does not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities. Mark Hake runs the Total Yield Value Guide which you can review here. The Guide focuses on high total yield value stocks. Subscribers get a two-week free trial. More From InvestorPlace * 2 Toxic Pot Stocks You Should Avoid * 7 Vaping Stocks to Get into Ahead of the Crowd * 5 Retail Stocks That Are Winning Big This Holiday Season * Make the Shift Toward Value Stocks With These 5 Picks The post 5 Dividend Stocks That Are Buying Back Their Shares appeared first on InvestorPlace.

  • Greg Ross’ story: From 'a kid from Lackawanna' to HPE sales executive
    American City Business Journals

    Greg Ross’ story: From 'a kid from Lackawanna' to HPE sales executive

    Ross, 42, runs the enterprise sales infrastructure for Hewlett Packard Enterprise in Central Canada.

  • DXC taps former AIG exec as new board chair
    American City Business Journals

    DXC taps former AIG exec as new board chair

    David Herzog joined DXC in 2017, when the company formed from a spin-off of Hewlett-Packard’s enterprise services business and a merger with Computer Sciences Corp.

  • TheStreet.com

    Enterprise Tech Names Such as HPE and Cisco Are Facing an Existential Crisis

    Enterprise computing vendors have had a rough year, and the future doesn't bode well for them, either.

  • ABM Industries (ABM) to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in Store?
    Zacks

    ABM Industries (ABM) to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in Store?

    ABM Industries (ABM) fourth-quarter fiscal 2019 earnings and revenues are likely to have improved year over year.

  • Bloomberg

    Oracle Conference Leaves San Francisco, Costing City $64 Million

    (Bloomberg) -- Oracle Corp. will move its marquee annual user conference to Las Vegas, abandoning its longtime venue of San Francisco due to the rising cost of visiting the city and its homeless crisis.Oracle’s OpenWorld will be held in Las Vegas beginning next year, the San Francisco Travel Association said Tuesday in a statement. The travel group, in an email reported earlier by CNBC, said the software company committed the conference to Las Vegas for three years, costing San Francisco an estimated $64 million. Oracle, headquartered about 22 miles south of San Francisco in Redwood City, California, told the travel authority that its conference guests were unhappy with San Francisco’s dirty streets and costly hotel rates, according to CNBC.Las Vegas is a key destination for technology conferences. Amazon.com Inc.’s cloud-computing arm, Dell Technologies Inc., Adobe Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. are just a few of the companies that host conferences in the desert city -- drawn to its large venues and inexpensive hotel room rates.Oracle declined to respond to requests for comment on the move.Oracle also holds OpenWorld conferences in Dubai, London, Singapore and Sao Paulo. The company encourages customers and partners to “register for an OpenWorld near you,” reducing the importance of the San Francisco gathering, where the company unveils new software products. The San Francisco OpenWorld generally attracted about 60,000 attendees. For years, the conference has been overshadowed by Dreamforce, rival Salesforce.com Inc.’s annual confab that the company describes as the world’s largest software conference. Dreamforce had more than 170,000 registered attendees in November.San Francisco hasn’t been a happy home for OpenWorld or Dreamforce for years, with residents complaining about street closures caused by the conferences and a surge of pedestrian traffic downtown. Local hotels swell room rates in anticipation of demand among attendees.Oracle held the first official OpenWorld conference at San Francisco’s Moscone Center in 1996, according to its website. The company’s user gatherings date back to 1982, when 50 attendees gathered for International Oracle Users Week at a hotel in San Francisco.To contact the reporter on this story: Nico Grant in San Francisco at ngrant20@bloomberg.netTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Jillian Ward at jward56@bloomberg.net, Andrew Pollack, Robin AjelloFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com©2019 Bloomberg L.P.

  • IDC Posts Q3 Server Market Data: Dell, HPE & More in Focus
    Zacks

    IDC Posts Q3 Server Market Data: Dell, HPE & More in Focus

    Here's a look at the performance of leading server vendors in third-quarter 2019 per IDC report.

  • Investopedia

    4 ‘Legacy’ Tech Stocks that Could Post Big Rebounds

    Four legacy tech stocks are lagging the market this year, but the could rebound as they adjust their business models.

  • Hedge Funds Have Never Been Less Bullish On Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE)
    Insider Monkey

    Hedge Funds Have Never Been Less Bullish On Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE)

    It seems that the masses and most of the financial media hate hedge funds and what they do, but why is this hatred of hedge funds so prominent? At the end of the day, these asset management firms do not gamble the hard-earned money of the people who are on the edge of poverty. Truth […]

  • Carl Icahn implores HP shareholders to push for Xerox acquisition deal
    American City Business Journals

    Carl Icahn implores HP shareholders to push for Xerox acquisition deal

    Icahn said, "I can say without exaggeration that the combination of HP and Xerox is one of the most obvious no-brainers I have ever encountered in my career."

  • Here's What Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's (NYSE:HPE) P/E Ratio Is Telling Us
    Simply Wall St.

    Here's What Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's (NYSE:HPE) P/E Ratio Is Telling Us

    This article is written for those who want to get better at using price to earnings ratios (P/E ratios). We'll show...