67.04 0.00 (0.00%)
After hours: 6:28PM EST
|Bid||66.86 x 1000|
|Ask||67.10 x 900|
|Day's Range||66.73 - 67.94|
|52 Week Range||47.37 - 68.98|
|Beta (3Y Monthly)||0.25|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||20.93|
|Earnings Date||Jan 23, 2019 - Jan 28, 2019|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||1.44 (2.10%)|
|1y Target Est||66.32|
Keurig unveils its new home cocktail machine. Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith, Adam Shapiro, Dan Roberts and Randy Frederick - Vice President of Trading and Derivatives, Schwab discuss.
Starbucks is cutting 5% of its corporate workforce as part of its transition plan. Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous, Julia La Roche, Melody Hahm and Ethan Wolff-Mann have details.
The European Union may open a probe into Facebook’s (FB) tax deals with Ireland, according to Politico. Probes into the tax affairs of several American multinationals have resulted in huge fines in Europe. A probe into Apple’s tax deals with Ireland resulted in the company being ordered to pay around $15 billion in back taxes. And last year, Amazon (AMZN) was ordered to pay nearly $300 million in back taxes to Luxembourg, following a European Commission probe that faulted Amazon’s tax arrangement with Luxembourg. Both Apple and Amazon deny wrongdoing.
Shorting a stock, also called short selling, is a trading skill used by investors that can provide big returns when done right but involves big risks.
Billionaire investor William Ackman has turned his back on snack maker Mondelez International and put the money into potentially more lucrative bets, including global coffee company Starbucks and hotel operator Hilton Worldwide Holdings. Ackman's hedge fund, Pershing Square Capital Management, sold out of Mondelez International during the third quarter, some three years after spending $5.5 billion for a 7.5 percent stake, the investor told clients on a conference call on Wednesday. "It was not a barn burner of an investment," Ackman said on the call, adding that he has found better investments and had a change of heart as chances for an acquisition of Mondelez grew more remote.
An internal memo from Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) CEO Kevin Johnson reveals to employees that the company is planning to layoff roughly 350 employees. The Starbucks layoffs will have the coffee chain reducing its global corporate workforce by about 5%. “I’ve talked about the need to make these hard decisions for a while now, and I want you to know we will handle each situation with compassion and respect for the impacted partner,” the Starbucks CEO said in the memo obtained by TheStreet.com.
Starbucks' (SBUX) consistent efforts to streamline its business and direct investments toward operations bode well for the company.
U.S. stock futures are inching higher this morning as traders grapple with the ongoing implications of a meltdown in the oil markets. In the options pits, calls slightly outpaced puts while overall volume levels ended the day near average levels. Specifically, about 18.9 million calls and 17.3 million puts changed hands on the session.
Can McDonald’s Maintain Its Upward Momentum? Of the 31 analysts that follow McDonald’s (MCD), 74.2% favor a “buy” rating as of November 12, while the remaining 25.8% favor a “hold” rating. None of the analysts favored a “sell” recommendation.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / November 14, 2018 / Both Starbucks and Tyson Foods were in the red on Tuesday. Starbucks announced it would be cutting many corporate jobs while Tyson Foods reported fourth quarter financial results that missed on revenues. Starbucks Corporation shares closed modestly in the red on Tuesday on about 13.5 million shares traded.