Is there any discussion going on re TTPH utilizing the encochleated lipid nanoparticle technology developed (& patented) by MTNB for the PO phase of the IGNITE2 trial?
Sentiment: Strong Buy
For gram positive organisms we have daptomycin and linezolid, along with the much older vancomycin. Bactrim still works in MRSA as does clindamycin. In gram negative infections, the vast majority of hospital paitents can be adequately covered with zosyn, cefepime, or a carbapenem, and there is still tobramycin or amikacin though they have potential renal toxicity.
A good non-toxic drug for acinetobacter would be useful, but that is still an unusual infection, mainly seen in extremely debilitated chronically ill patients. Pseudomonas could also use a new therapy, as we are still mostly reliant on beta lactams as cipro has lost much of its effectiveness, but eravacycline does not cover pseudomonas.
I am long TTPH and think they have a good drug which should get approved eventually, but don't believe everything you read about how we've run out of antibiotics. We use much bigger guns than we did 25 years ago in the hospital, when rocephin was good empiric coverage 95% of the time, but we are not actually out of effective therapies.
Well, this 2nd tier treatment has recently been deemed potentially toxic by the FDA, as with the entire fluoroquinolone class. And after the first lawsuit will be filed, which should not be too long, it will really become the no-tier treatment. As for multi-drug-resistant pathogens, if you can point out to a more potent drug than Eravacycline across all CDC designated bugs, please share. I would curious to see this.
go look at data, it was just the tablet version, IV worked and they will apply for NDa using that data. a new trial for Cuti and tablet version..
Dead $$$ for a long time. Expect a new trial. The question is whether they will even do it. Couldn't meet NI against the 2nd tier treatment.
Here is a useful article that shows historical growth in revenue for new antibiotics. While I like TTPH's chances of approval (eventually), I don't like the expected revenue curve here. I bet they raise equity again next year on any sustained pop.
Also do a google search for the colistin news out of China this past week. Scary stuff!
I suggest board members holding or considering this stock should review the Stifel conference presentation. The firm stated they will be filing for an NDA in Europe using existing data. I expect the filing will be for limited use in cIAI
not dead money if FDA says let's go ahead for an NDA with the existing data. Also owning 100 shares is not that bad if you got 50 bios in your portfolio. Or you could own 5000 of a single bio. Tell us which strategy suits the current environment.
The 100 share speculators look on any obscure news to promote their positions. This is 'dead money' for a long time.
if they end up doing another ph3, Guy said that would be about 18-24 month. long time for me. I will hold to hear if they can submit nda. if trial, I will then come back later in 2017. Good entry here for those who can wait...
There are numerous cases where patients are too sick to get out, like post operative and in case of severe MDR. A pill would be great, but not mandatory for this drug to generate 400M$ in sales.
Those who are long on TTPH from yesterday could Possibly 2x day gain by selling TTPH and buying AMAG that has far better 3x / 4x probabilities ...